what will go with a jaguar in 125G tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

proycraft

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Pensacola, Fl
Visit site
i ve posted earlier that iam getting a 125G tank and i dont know what fish that i have to put in it my jag is too mean to put in with any of my other fish so what can i get to put in with him

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Maybe a pleco. I would hardly recommend anything else with a Jag...remember that they don't "need" tankmates and that they can be more interactive for you without tankmates!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
You think that'll work for a breeding pair? If one's ready and the other one isn't, there might be some problems in such a small tank. Just a thought...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Well, Cons might...Plecos might...you'll need hiding places for any of them...Red Devils will probably hold their own...Dempseys might, and Texans might. However you will have to add filtration and change water more often. You are also going to have to remove the Jag for a bit...let me explain:

1.) Quarantine new fish for one month.
2.) Remove Jag.
3.) Add decorations.
4.) Introduce newbie.
5.) Put Jag back in about a half hour later.

This way the Jag doesn't have a concept of "his" territory because the markers have changed. This may reduce aggression. Be warned, though, if any of these fish are adults, they may not be friendly!

DarthV

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
Fredericton, NB
Visit site
Cons are definitely resilient... a gaggle of male cons might work. Wonder how salvini would do, but then again you'd probably never see them if they were afraid of the jaguar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store