What's killing my guppies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
some male guppies have been known to be reasonably fragile because of inbreeding.
Good point. As far as neons are concerned, they're a hit or miss. Some will die faster than most. Guppies..well..plenty are already inbred so that may explain why some die without explanations but I would still not rule out the possibility that the water parameters are whacked at the moment.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
sorry, not a hermit crab, a fiddler crab. they like land too, but I didn't find out untill after I added him. He seems so happy.
It is hard to say whether it is really happy or not. Chances are it isn't. You need a part land biotope for it to thrive.
Also, I forgot to mention the betta. I noticed that some of the guppies tails were getting torn up, so I removed him about 3 weeks ago. Could the male deaths just be delayed after effects of betta bullying? I never saw him do it, it was just a theory.
Were the guppies severely stressed and refuse to eat well after the betta bullied them? If not, then water parameters are still not to be ruled out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store