whats the deal with discus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

viboy

Born Sarcastic
Mar 15, 2002
BC, Canada
Name me one freshwater fish that has more bold color and outstanding beauty than a discus ............ I'm waiting .............. still can't think of one???????????

There is your reason buddy.

Aggression isn't everything.

forsure

AC Members
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Joe, I can speak a little German, but not enough to translate a whole site. Just bits and peices. What is you future volume (gallons)?

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
i

cant figure out the discus obsession either their ok but seem sorta like a fake looking fish to me i dunno not a huge fan of em'

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
Originally posted by TKOS
What's the deals with Hans? It seems that most of his posts seem to be putting down different kinds of fish. This is at least the 4th post of this kind.
oh im just an awful person :rolleyes:

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
People like different things, that’s what makes life so interesting. What good would this hobby be if we were all pods with the same tank setups? You can still appreciate the time, effort and beauty in anybody else’s tank even if it doesn’t personally turn your crank.

Cats vs. dogs; Coke vs. Pepsi; car vs. "Canyonaero"

Hans

I will eat your fish.
Oct 24, 2003
Gieboldehausen, DE
www.brianhanley.com
i asked what was so great about clown loaches, got an overwelming responce, so i went out and got one, and hes so funy, he somehoe squeezes into a hole in my drift wood and hides in it, i thought he was stuck at first, but nope he is just chillin! but since no one can realyl come up with a good reason to own discus besides they look wierd, ill pass, ive got a 20 long im lookin to poplulate, i just am shopping, mabey a few damsels, mabey make is a dwarf puffer tank i dunno

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Wierd fish are interesting! As per the above post and Discus in a 20g ..........

Whew...
Good call on that!!

I enjoy it when some things are thought out, researched, and then a proper choice is made - can't add anything to that !

Last edited:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Hans,

just in case you don't know..... damsels are a saltwater fish, at the very least a highly brackish fish. Your loach and possible dwarf puffers will not tolerate salt too well if this is the route you're headed in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store