whats your favorite catfish or bottom feeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
hey where can i buy a royal at......a lfs said 75 bucks to order one ...and i think thats a bit steep dont yah think?
Dpends on size, locale and garantees. Mine was purchased for $39.00 at 2" long, but there are a lot of royals in the area, and many of them sell for less. I took the expensive one for a multitude of reasons, but primarily because it had been at the LFS for 45 days and was still very healthy, which meant it was indicated an excellent specimen that was not prone to disease.
Try aquabid if you can't find a good one locally.
dave

Maj0rFiSh

L33t 5p34k m0f0!!11one
Jan 14, 2005
South Coast of UK
Pictus cats, or my plecos! Or my rainbow shark! ah hell they're all great! :)

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
Although I like the Ancistrus catfish because they breed easily. (I just got 2 new breeders yesterday!) My favorite is corydoras. I never kept them until recently but they are always cleaning or playing. Besides who could not like the way they court each other! Too cute!

Archangel

Plecos, Plecos, everywhere
Apr 7, 2004
Oklahoma
www.homestarrunner.com
Royals are my favorite too. I got mine for $28, but its a Dull-eyed(L191, black and green w/ dark eyes). I can't any other kind in my area. I saw a L190(brown and black w/ red or orange eyes) once, but it was $50 for a 2"er w/ no guarantee. Had to pass at the time.

fishfreaks

AC Members
Dec 12, 2004
USA
my fav. bottom feeder is a clown loach, my favorite catfish would have to be the electric catfish or a bumblebee, and my favorite pleco..the royal!

redilyn

AC Members
Jan 31, 2005
my fav is my 2 upsidedown catfish. i love these guys. i have one that has been alive for 7 years now and i just got a second a few months ago

WhtsThFrequency

AC Members
Feb 11, 2005
Hooray for skunk corys!!!! :):) Them and zebra plecs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store