What's your favourite catfish??????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What's your favourite catfish?

• Corydoras and related species

Votes: 85 43.6%
  • Plecos

Votes: 42 21.5%
  • Synodontis

Votes: 20 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 48 24.6%

• Total voters

Ichthyophile

AC Members
Nov 8, 2006
Definitely Corydoras, and the OP's handle - honestly - had no influence on my decision. :p: I'm preparing a species tank for a C. panda shoal (fishless cycle).

RadleyMiller

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Ret Tailed Cats are awesome, but I really love Columbian Sharks. Mine grew from a 1.5 incher in July to a 5.5 incher now! His mouth now is bigger than when I bought him. I know he isn't huge or anything, but he really looks like a shark!

a7oneal

AC Members
Dec 27, 2004
I voted Synodontis, and it wasn't even close for me... I've had, at some point: S. angelicus, S. decorus, S. petricola, S. multipunctatus, S. nigriventris, S. eupterus, S. nigrita (or one of the species of "lace" cats), S. serpentis, and S. ocellifer. I'm currently resisting the urge to add S. flavitaeniatus to the list...

S. angelicus is probably my favorite species. S. decorus is a truly beautiful species, and I think S. ocellifer is highly underrated when they have a gorgeous olive coloration.

I've never had much luck with Loricariids, and I haven't kept a lot of Corydoras (or related Brochis).

rosswake

AC Members
Aug 7, 2006
I prefer them fried with some hush puppies on the side!! mmmm-mmm

Yoemen

In Boogeyman's closet
Nov 2, 2005
Galveston
Raphs. They aren't terribly active I know. But they are cool to watch when they get hungry. I like my synos too, but they bully each other too much.

guppygirl123

Proud Member of the Muffin Mafia
Oct 15, 2006
U.S.A
I love my farlowella catfish. He's so odd looking... Plus really low-maintenance. That's a plus. :rolleyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store