When I was SALT :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Both are lovely! What made you stop salt? I've heard that few turn back, but it seems so expensive thats why I have never tried it!
I went to far with it and it got out of hand for a one bedroom condo. I ended up with way to much going on , to much risk involved , could not cool down the apt in the summer with all the halide lighting and equipment. Fear of and having floods was not fun. My bedroom closet looked like sump /refugium city.
Then back around 2004 we started having hurricanes and I was lucky the first one , switched to fresh and then the next hurricane I lost power for 5 days, that would have put a nasty end to that reef .
The fresh water survived .

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
And then I did this :grinyes:

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0003.JPG

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Then back around 2004 we started having hurricanes and I was lucky the first one , switched to fresh and then the next hurricane I lost power for 5 days, that would have put a nasty end to that reef .
The fresh water survived .
Yeah that wasn't a fun time for storms. Could see that potentially wiping out a reef tank. Good call getting out when you did.

I knew some people who were out of power for two weeks after that storm (think it was Wilma, but not 100% sure on that one).

sailedNJ

marine biologist & architect
Jan 9, 2011
New Jersey, USA
Real Name
Art Vandelay
Very beautiful. Love the in wall tank.
:iagree:Beautiful indeed. Love the fact that it was an in wall tank as well. What size tank was that? Is that the same 125 you have in your living room now?

That queen angel is/was beautiful too.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
All tanks are terrific looking!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Yeah that wasn't a fun time for storms. Could see that potentially wiping out a reef tank. Good call getting out when you did.

I knew some people who were out of power for two weeks after that storm (think it was Wilma, but not 100% sure on that one).
Jean, then Francis is when I switched to fresh and then WILMA .

your house is so pretty, Mark
Thanks DD , it is all DIY around here :)

:iagree:Beautiful indeed. Love the fact that it was an in wall tank as well. What size tank was that? Is that the same 125 you have in your living room now?

That queen angel is/was beautiful too.
Thanks !!
The inwall was 120 with a ton of sump and refugium volume made the system around 300 gal.

All tanks are terrific looking!
Thanks Bob, when I look back I wonder why I changed things so much . I will continue with more transformation pics as I get around to it :)

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Awesome pics!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
And then I set up the 125 in the living room , notice the emperor filters on the back :)

IMG_0017.JPG 2007 new 074.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store