where can i find a large tank online?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
can someone tell me where online i can find a 90 gallon tank? Big al's doesn't have anything bigger than a 6 g unless i just can't find it - doc foster and smith have nothing bigger than 40g, petsmart, petco only go to like 45 gallons
:thud: thanks

Malachite

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
LMOUTHBASS said:
can someone tell me where online i can find a 90 gallon tank? Big al's doesn't have anything bigger than a 6 g unless i just can't find it - doc foster and smith have nothing bigger than 40g, petsmart, petco only go to like 45 gallons
:thud: thanks
From what I have seen most places won't ship tanks. Either that or the shipping is more than the tank. The regulars here may know somewhere else though.

jib

Anyone out there nub sprickets?
Dec 16, 2004
Boston, Ma
I bought my 90 gal at a petco, for the most part whenever i used to go there they had one out on the floor.

alicialav

AC Members
Jan 12, 2005
pets-warehouse.com

www.pets-warehouse.com

They can take a while to process your order (I called after 4 days), but they sell the 3 major brands of glass tanks, online & pick-up (Long Island, NY). If you get from them, be sure to select the aquarium truck shipping method. dunno if there's a cost difference, but I had my stand shipped from them regular heavy freight and I will say that it didn't arrive in the best of condition.

Raskolnikov

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Most places that I go to which are aquarium specific (not Petco/Petsmart chains) will order any tank that you want from the manufacturer (as long as they are a retailer for the specific brand). Shipping is free b/c it shows up with their regular order. When I ordered my big tank it only took 2 days to get it in the store for pick-up.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Try local ads, I bought a 60g for 100$ stand and all, just depends on if you can wait around!

petsmart carried upto 120 on their showroom, and claimed to have a 280 in the back that they were "desparate" to sell. If your LFS or chain store (petco) doesn't have what you want, see if they can order it for you. that or try the newspaper ads, those are great too. just check it out before you agree to buy. good luck!

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
If you aren't in an extreme hurry, Glass cages.com will bring your tank to the next show in their area, and you won't have to pay for shipping. They have a schedule of upcoming shows on their website.
dave

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store