Where do you buy your fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zbbal

AC Members
Jul 9, 2009
Sevierville, TN
I go to a local store that's literally named Aquarium. It's big, it's right next to my favorite nerd stop (a giant book store), they will order anything I ask for, and they've got a well qualified staff. I generally only mess with "common" pet stores when they have a sale or I'm interested in a very common fish (corys, tertas, etc).

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Pet supermarket, petsmart, and from here lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
Petsmart, Aquarium Center, or MsJinkzd on here :). I try to avoid the big box stores unless I know exactly what I want and all of it's care requirements.

tara777

AC Members
Dec 14, 2010
I've been very impressed with Drs Foster & Smith Liveaquaria (cardinal tetras) and Mellow Aquatics for angelfish and cories. Both do a fantastic job shipping :) and fish are just gorgeous!

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
I've got a trio of specialty aquatic stores in my area that have very good variety and carry some uncommon fish, or will order them for you. Huge selections, well cared for and things you won't see in a Petsmart. Although, I've got those around here too and I generally buy supplies there because they're cheaper. I've always wanted to try ordering fish online as someone previously suggested.

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I like pet supermarket. It is the only chain I will shop at. I really like Dave's Rare Fish in San Antonio. I order food and filters from Ken's Fish.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I get my food and supplies from Kens, and most of my fish here or elsewhere on line. I have a petsmart/petco, each about a mile from my house, and I will once in a while get fish there (neons and glass cats). I also visit Uncle Neds, about an hour away, when they have something I am looking for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store