Where do you guys get your Co2 filled?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Welding or Beverage supply stores are the place to go. For a 20 pound bottle is should cost $25 to $30.

Paintball stores probably won't have the right size fittings to refill a regular CO2 tank. Just paintball tanks. They are different sizes.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
There's a Party Beverage place just down the block from me that refills CO2 tanks (mostly for beer kegs, etc.)
All of the beverage places I've used simply exchange tanks. Yours actually fills on site?

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Welding or Beverage supply stores are the place to go. For a 20 pound bottle is should cost $25 to $30.

Paintball stores probably won't have the right size fittings to refill a regular CO2 tank. Just paintball tanks. They are different sizes.
Yeah I didn't think about the adaptor size difference, I was just under the impression that they didn't want (or maybe know how) to do the math, LOL. you know, because the computer couldn't tell them the answer...

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
www.praxair.com

Go to "store locator" at top of screen, put in your ZIP.

Same with Airgas.

I'm kinda partial to Praxair though. nudge..wink.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
There's a Party Beverage place just down the block from me that refills CO2 tanks (mostly for beer kegs, etc.)
thanks! if praxair doesn't work out, i'll try that!

cool, i'll go with my dad if things at praxair don't work out...

yea thats what the manager told me even tho the employee i called before driving 10 miles said they could do it lol

www.praxair.com

Go to "store locator" at top of screen, put in your ZIP.

Same with Airgas.

I'm kinda partial to Praxair though. nudge..wink.
yea i found a store 25 mile round trip so next weekend or maybe a weekday evening! can't wait lol

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
All of the beverage places I've used simply exchange tanks. Yours actually fills on site?

Yes, they charged ~$25 to refill a 10lb tank (the last I heard). They do swap tanks too, however.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
There is a welding place near me that will fill your tank for you. So if you buy a stainless tank, they will fill that. My tank is easy to hide so I just exchange it.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
thanks all!
got it from praxair i think...it was near my dad's work so yea...they filled in 20 minutes and it was around $25 or so for a 10lb tank...
when i went for an exchange, it cost $22 so i guess im fine with just getting a refill since the tank i got has a really nice quick grab handle with some extra features haha

thanks guys:)
appreciate it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store