Where'd you get your dog from.....breeder or pound?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Diann62

AC Members
Mar 11, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I had to put my beloved dog down a couple of weeks ago. He was a golden retriever. He was 10, but became sick. Hardest thing to do. He's our third golden and we've always got them from the same breeder. Tonight we're going to the Humane Society to pick a dog. We looked on line and there were 8 pages of dogs. There were 3 that we're interested in. Hopefully one will be compatible. I've never been there and don't know how I can walk out without taking them all home. I'm also hoping he gets along with our cat. So I'm wondering............of all you dog owners out there, did you aquire your pet from a breeder or the pound?

Quinn1928

AC Members
Feb 28, 2008
P.A M.D border
most of the time people just dont want older dogs like 6 year olds and we seem to find an older one every time we put a dog down we have had a small few from breeders

dingraha

Fish Fondler
Aug 21, 2008
South Jersey
Both! I have two dogs. A chocolate lab and an staffordshire terrier (pit bull). I got my lab from a breeder as a puppy and rescued the staff. from a local animal shelter. My lab will be 2 in January and our vet estimates the staff. at about the same age. We have had the staff. for a little over a year.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I got my doxie mix walking down the middle of the freeway in the rain! He is 10 now and still going strong. One of the smartest dogs I have ever had. We got the Shih tzu at 18 months old whth papers from my neighbor who went into a resthome. Her daughters were going to take her to the pound! She is our love sponge.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Both of ours were rescues.

abi88

Unknown species
Sep 8, 2008
---ish,Wa
www.myspace.com
Well both....Right now all 3 dogs that we have were bought from breeders. But the best dog that I ever had was rescued--not from the pound..but a rescue all the same.

Its great as to what you are doing!:) Post pics!:D

StereoKills

Hey intern, get me a Campari.
Sep 10, 2007
Ithaca, NY
In the past, my family's two dogs and one of our cats just showed up and decided they liked it. We of course put up found posters and called the SPCA to see if they were missing, but we lived in a very rural area and it seemed to be a hot spot for people to drop off unwanted pets :(.

KIM_TMA

AC Members
Apr 2, 2008
Arkansas
Growing up I always got to choose a pup from our dogs. My dad and mom raised beagles and border collies. Dad always told me that we couldn't and wouldn't pay for a dog. LOL, yet he charged people for the pups.

Now I have a rescue. I found him dropped off in the middle of nowhere and no houses for miles. I felt so bad for him b/c his previous owners had obvisouly left him for dead. He was a piece of hide thrown over bones. When I approached him I told him that if he behaved then I would take care of him. Well when I picked him up he layed his head on my shoulder. At that moment I knew he was a keeper. Dumb Pup but became a smart, protective handsome Dog. As a pup he was fasinated with beer cans, beer boxes, whiskey bottles anything that the drunks threw out he brought to our yard, left McDonald's bags though. Just alcoholic stuff. I hated it and I never could break him from it, I am thankful that he grew out of it though.

The one and the only...............................TIGER.

100_1197.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store