which do you prefer: maroon or percula

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Koop

AC Members
Nov 13, 2007
LA Baby!
I got a baby maroon gold stripe and its the best thing ever. I hope he doesn't get crazy when he's older, otherwise it's back to the LFS.

mann1139

Registered Member
Sep 13, 2007
If you're going for personality and have a chance to watch the fish in person, do so for 15 - 20 minutes. I always stop at the LFS and watch fish a couple times before I purchase, so I can get an idea of personality.

It may not seem like a big snapshot, but if the fish is bullying/being bullied in the tank, it usually shows itself within a few minutes.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I have both percula and a black and white that I adore. they are sweet fish although a couple years ago, they killed a baby maroon when I put it in a 30 g tank with them for about an hour. They act like they have a bit of brain damage, but I would not know what to do with myself if they weren't in the tank. I like the looks of maroons but unless I was going to keep it in a tank pretty much by itself I'm going to stay away. I like the grumpiness, but I also like a tank with more than one fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store