Which is a nicer product: Python vs. Aqueon siphon cleaners

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
FYI, python parts are warrantied..problem is the parts I have the most problem with is the female connector.. they break fairly easily. the plastic is brittle..python will replace them but requests you send in the 'bad' part.. the shipping is as much as the part..which I get from the hardware store.

the concept of it is sound..

btw I got a 50 set up from wally world...for $38..I suspect it was priced wrong or they got one heck of a buy
been using it for 5 years

Last edited:

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
thanks everyone for the input.

I think from what I'm reading here and elsewhere, that the main gripe is the plastic adapter at the sink, which is an issue with either product... and easily replaced with a metal fitting from the hardware store. So this is a non issue really.

The main benefitial differences I've come across are that the aqueon has both a thicker tube and a ball valve above the siphon connection. At the same price per foot, I think I'm going to try the aqueon.

kiddevo

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
thanks everyone for the input.

I think from what I'm reading here and elsewhere, that the main gripe is the plastic adapter at the sink, which is an issue with either product... and easily replaced with a metal fitting from the hardware store. So this is a non issue really.

The main benefitial differences I've come across are that the aqueon has both a thicker tube and a ball valve above the siphon connection. At the same price per foot, I think I'm going to try the aqueon.

I know this is an old post... But how has your Aqueon decision worked out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store