White Bulb Anemone?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
If it's starting to turn a little brown that's a good thing. I'd just keep feeding it a little bit every day . If it has really good conditions it might recover from it's bleaching. Good luck let us know how it's doing.
Chris

Makaiveli

AC Members
Feb 6, 2004
Seattle
Visit site

Well now it seems to be having difficulty eating.

It takes the anemone quite a long time to intake cut pieces of shrimp.
It appears the tentacles do not put the food in the mouth, rather the mouth comes out to bring the food in very very slowly.

Last edited:

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Hey it's eating that's a good thing! That will greatly increase the poor things chance at recovery. Keep feeding it a little cut up shrimp or silver side every day. With out it's symbiotic algae it really will need some fairly regular feeding or it wil go down hill pretty fast. I wouldn't worry too much about about the mouth reaching out for the food. A lot of the time mine will just sort of let the food fall on to it's mouth. Now that I've said food about 40 times the other very important thing to do is keep your water quality good. Sorry about babeling but, couldn't sleep and it's late.
Hey keep us posted and good luck this isn't going to be easy.

mygreengoldfish

AC Members
Jul 26, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Seems like your anemone is going to live, zooxanthellae are brown so that might be the brown you see and as long as it has enough strength to eat it should be good. Good Luck!

Makaiveli

AC Members
Feb 6, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
-

yeah well the stupid thing wouldn't eat for 2 days so I discarded it.

AAAARRRHHH!! I'm pissed about that. I hate killing animals, and I was hopeful that it would recover. I am never buying from that fish store again, and if I am in the area I will stop by to cuss out the manager for selling a bleached anemone.

mygreengoldfish

AC Members
Jul 26, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Why did you discard the anemone? Just that is wasn't eating for 2 days doesn't mean it is going to die. As long as it wasn't ruining your water quality like what a dead anemone does you should of kept it.

Makaiveli

AC Members
Feb 6, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
-

Because it wouldn't eat. It would no longer hold shrimp bits in it's tentacle. It was still bleached. It wasn't responding to touch as it once did. I couldn't take the desparity.

I'm still very angry about the whole thing. I'm angry at the fishstore, myself, and the anemone. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I was no longer willing to risk having the anemone die off and pollute the aquarium. I read once they die, they break down very quickly.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store