Who's Top Dog in Your Tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boofish2

show me your fish
Aug 5, 2006
Freddie the dwarf flame Gourami is definately Mr. Bossy Boots of my 25 gal.
Currently he is presiding over 3 blackskirts, 2 serpaes, 2 SAEs and 4 pandas.
He likes to flare his fins and look tough! He may be a dwarf but his personality is BIG :) a pic:

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
blue (my betta) is the benevolent king of my tank. he's not agressive or overly manly, in fact, he's almost a saint. he always allows the platies the first eats in the morning, and only eats after the platies have. in fact, he's the least agressive fish in the whole tank! but still, all my fish look up to him. when he pokes around on the bottom, everyone else pokes around on the bottom. when he sleeps, his kingdom sleeps. I guess it's his benevolence that's the key to his sucess. sort of like a fishy ghandi.

SwimminglyFishy

AC Members
Jan 19, 2006
Well, my smaller tanks don't really have any fish who "rule" the tank, but my largest tank has a male convict that bosses the other fish around. He's even managed to bite my hand a couple times. :D Freaked me out the first time he did it, especially cause I watched him go up and attack, luckily he didn't break the skin or even leave a mark. Otherwise, there might have been a fish for adoption in the classified ads...

Nitro

Master fish looker atter
Jun 26, 2006
Lansing, MI
www.thenitro.net
Mine is also my Dwarf Flame Gourami. He thinks he is so "punk rock" with his blue mohawk. He also likes to nibble on my fingers when I put them in the tank just to show he's not scared of nothin'.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
my baby molly,she is about half an inch.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Mine are in a fierce fight for top barb status. It is either the larger tiger barb or the large green tiger barb--they are dueling it out to take over the school. The largest of the albinos is, I believe, female, and doesn't fight with the others. The large tiger barb's stripes turn green when he is trying to become top fish!

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
The fish in my Avatar, Horndog, is the King of the 55g. All the fish are still juvies (ref. sig.) but this guy has really come into his own as the dominant male. He'll have everyong but the Brichardi's in the plants on either side of the tank. Thinking of pulling him out for a cooling off period!!

ljse

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
My female apisto.

sirasoni

AC Members
May 18, 2004
Palos Verdes, CA
Visit site
If any of my other fish get too abusive in their respective tanks, they get to spend an evening with the Don, aka Giggles.

photo credit goes to fishofury from piranha-fury, the previous owner of my altuvei

Web Gazelle

Guardian Of The Cave
Dec 1, 2004
Planet Earth
It is a toss up between my Opaline Gourami and my Rainbow Shark. The Rainbow will chase other fish away but Lil' Blue stands up to him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store