Why Did My Damsels Die?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
i would also change your method of acclimation. use the drip method. get some airline tubing and tie a knot in the end and let it drip out slow enough so the amount of water in the bag quadruples over the period of about 2 hours. then after two hours float the bag again for a few minutes to temp acclimate and the fish should be ready to go in your tank.
amonia poisoning is probably the most likely cause of the death of this damsel, but in the future, even with an established tank, you should still be careful next time around with acclimation and disease

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
fishieness said:
i would also change your method of acclimation.
I second the above as well. Though the "adding water to the bag" method works, the drip method is much more effective and reduces the stress for the fish by very slowly acclimating them to the tank water.

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Yes, I do mean a week after the cycle is done, won't add anything until it is ready. For the drip method, I was planning on using it for the future fish that will remain in my tank for the long run. I wasn't sure how to do the drip method, and just figured that the damsels would be ok.

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
Hey superscro .... here's a really useful link that describes the drip method in detail .... hope this helps

LINK

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store