Why do I always plant tanks backwards?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kingearwig

Master Pond Snail Breeder
Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
So my addiction to aquarium meringues been in remission for the last 2 years or so. But now it has reared it's ugly head again.

On top is a new 20 from Wally World. Underneath I set up a couple of bowls. Currently I have 4 immature mollies in the 20. In the bowls I am trying to propagate some moss. You may remember my 10 gallon tribute tank... This is the same moss I used in that tank. Not too sure what it is but it looks like stringy moss. It is pearling away. My plan is for this to be a plant grow out tank for a much larger tank in the future. But in the immediate future I think I will get a pair German bluesman in this tank. any suggestions are more than welcome and thanks for looking and for the being enablers to my addiction.

kingearwig

Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
well that is the last time I use my phone to post. German bluesman = german blue rams. Here are some more pics too.
Here is a full tank shot. You can see that I planted everything backwards... but I am hoping as it fills in that it won't look so bad.

Here is a shot of my locally captured potamogeton cripus.

Boy I hope this plant is an aquatic one, but I doubt it.

here is a some kind of Sagg I also found locally

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Aquatic dyslexia?

Looks nice!

tbonedeluxe

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Chicago,Il
Nice pics.Since you know that you are doing your scape backwards,
try turning it around and head forward.Tall plants toward the rear and sides and smaller plants in front and midground. :) Good luck with your efforts.

kingearwig

Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
thanks for the compliments. I am going to let stuff grow for a week or so then replant. also hoping to get some drift wood and let my stringy moss grow from it

Sent from my VS910 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kingearwig

Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
well here one that might be easier, but my lfs just sells stuff like this as "potted plant"
Here is a pic of the flower

Sent from my VS910 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store