Why does my aquarium always have problems?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kamal ayash

Registered Member
Jan 19, 2024
I've been dealing with issues in my 5-month-old aquarium. It all started with white spots, so I got some medicine to treat the fish. However, some lost color, leading to more treatments. When I introduced new guppies, problems escalated, and diseases spread, causing daily fish losses. I lost 12, including a guppy and a platy. Now, there's neon tetra disease, and I bought medication for that too. I need help managing these problems without breaking the bank. Any advice to make things simpler and more cost-effective?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
We need much more info....
Tank size?
How was the initial cycling done?
Current parameters from a good liquid test kit?
Pic of tank?
What is your maintenance routine?
What are you treating with?
Did you QT any of the new additions?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any advice to make things simpler and more cost-effective?
Sorry about your issues! Once you get the "bugs" worked out you'll be fine.

Read up on establishing a nitrogen cycle and how to measure for it. Read up on water changes. Neither of those should be expensive. Assuming you were dealing with ich, that can be dealt with w/out medicine, so I would stop buying/adding meds unless you know exactly what you are dealing with. The only additive I would be using at this point is seachem prime or similar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store