why is my anemone not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
An anemone has a symbiotic relationship with algae, just like corals, and that's what give them their color. If they bleach (turn white), it's usually related to the algae, and they've lost it somehow, be it from too little light.....
Its a very good point made there....What is the wattage of the lighting system your using on the tank?

Niko

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
just wanted to let everyone that my anemone has eaten to night (guess it tired of me trying to feed it and decided to eat)thank god I was worried alot,and my lights are 10000 day light and 10000 blue not sure what the are called let them run 12 on and 12 off plus I put the pc that came with the tank back on there they are 17 watts each so do I have enough lighting I hope so let me know thanks for all the respones from everyone glad to be a part of the forum

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
and I forgot to add that I'm raising the salinity up slowly it's up to 1.23and tomorrow I will raise it up some more thanks

Tikidude

AC Members
Jun 12, 2007
SC, USA
WOOHOO!!! I love hearing good news. Glad to hear he is eating. Perhaps that salinity was the issue all along. It seemed he started eating after she raised it a bit.

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
yea I think it was but I'm much much happier that it eating,thanks for all the help and the concern from each and everyone that helped me with this and as I said before would not know what to do if it weren't for this forum and all the great people on here, thanks again will keep you guys informed of how things are going

counrygirl

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
will haft to get a camera my camcorder not working and when I get one will post pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store