Will a Clown Loach attack a Fiddler Crab ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RENEGADE

the one and only RENEGADE
Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
1".... aren't your crabs bigger then that??? if they are they should be able to fend for them selfs

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Fiddler's will do better in brackish water, while clown loaches need fresh water. I wouldn't mix fish with crabs--crabs tend to go after fish while the fish sleeps.

elgecko

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
PA
www.geocities.com
OrionGirl, I have Red Claw Crabs for 5 months now with Bumblebee Gobies, which are bottom dwellers. I was afraid I would have problems with the crabs going after my gobies, but no problems so far. I keep the crabs well fed. ;)

rdmpe

AC Members
May 4, 2003
Central Florida
Visit site
I may add another clown loach to keep the current one company. The crabs lived with guppies and snails for about a year now. The crabs didn't seem to bother the fish as far as I could tell. I never saw them pay any attention at all to the fish unless they happened to find a dead one... Of course, I wasn't watching at night when the fish were asleep... After watching the clown loach and the fiddler crabs in different tanks, I still think the loach is more likely to try to eat the fiddler crab than the other way around.

Last edited:

RENEGADE

the one and only RENEGADE
Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
my RCC never messed with my fish (in fact my ghost catfish kept try to hide with her!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store