Will Petsmart match any price?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
Thank you for your recent email. PetSmart's vision is to provide Total Lifetime Care to Every Pet, Every Pet Parent, Every Time. We believe our everyday prices are lower than our competitors' everyday prices and in most cases, as low as or lower than their sale prices...but instead of making our Customers wait for a sale, we guarantee that our prices are the lowest EVERY DAY.

To back up our claim of Everyday Low Prices, we offer to price match items of local retail competitors. This guarantee states that if a Customer finds a lower price from a legitimate retailer on any identical item that they have purchased from PetSmart, we will price match the competitor's retail price at the PetSmart retail store. This guarantee gives our claim of Everyday Low Prices its credibility and is a vital part of our total company image. We only price match our own website here at PetSmart.

Next time you are in the PetSmart store, please speak with the Store Manager, who will gladly assist you with any questions. You are important to PetSmart and we value any input you may have now and in the future.

i have pm to big als before but they only have to pm to their website.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
The lady at our local PetSmart said to us (side mouthed) that they will match any competitor's price. We just have to print the other price off the website and bring in the paper.

When we set up our 20 high gallon, we went to get a Penguin 200 and it was $29 at the store, hubby told her that it was $26 on their website (we didn't have the paper). She called the manager and he went to look on the site and came back and told us it was $20. So we saved money for the Penguin 200. That was a great save. She even told us when we fill out the survey paper for our pets (make sure to give them a birthday) and PetSmart will send coupons in the mail for our fishies. Haven't turned it in yet. But we will.:dance2:

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
We'v only had them price match on fillter's and accessories, don't know for sure on fish..But i recall someone printing out a DR.Foster's add and they matched it.....:)

brads

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
Spokane, WA
Oooo, think Petsmart would match Wally Worlds $155 price for a 55g? (tank, hood, filter, heater) Maybe I could get some really good stuff for cheap!?!

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
{Brads}I supose you could try it, if you do let us know.........:)

spirals

i will eat you in your sleep
Petsmart will match the prices on any non-live goods. So if its dog food or gravel or something they should meet the price (provided you bring in proof of the price difference). However they don't meet the price on any live animals. So you won't be able to get any fish, rodents, etc for a matched price of somewhere else.

chris331

AC Members
Well, I was only wondering about Angelicus Loaches........they are 21.99 at my Petsmart and I have found them for 13.00 online. Also, their "fake" driftwood is 35 bucks, and if I found any cheaper, I was going to print it out and show them. Other than that, yes they are very cheap

i'm a manager at petsmart so i'll clear up what the policy is...

petsmart will not match prices on any live pets or fish or on services... and we will match Petsmart.com but will not match any other web sites...

as far as price matching stores, you should some kind of proof that the price is what you are claiming... coupon, advertisement, receipt...

and finally, the product has to be something that we carry in our stores... for instance, we can not match the price of a fish tank that is not top fin brand...

thats the policy as far as i understand it, and i'm sure some managers may wave the policy on occasion, so good luck! and always check petsmart.com before you buy stuff because the prices online can be WAY cheaper than in the stores... and make sure we carry the same product in the store as online because we carry more stuff than online. and don't be afraid to try. we as managers would rather match a price than loose a customer and sale... especially on coupons as they don't affect our sales.

once again, just my 2 cents..

- chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store