Wiped Down Turtle Tank with Soap. What do I Do?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

afeldz

Registered Member
Apr 28, 2020
A couple of weeks ago, I wiped the top of my RES tank with a paper towel and a light amount of “countertop spray” soap (don’t know what I was thinking). Now, my RES will barely eat and there are an excessive amount of bubbles forming along the edges of his tank. I completely changed the water a couple of days ago and wiped down the sides of the tank with a paper towel and hot water, but he still won’t eat and there are still bubbles. What should I do?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Could you be more specific, you wiped the hood of the tank? Did the soap get on the turtle on in the water?
How much water do you normally change? For how long have you had the turtle?

afeldz

Registered Member
Apr 28, 2020
Could you be more specific, you wiped the hood of the tank? Did the soap get on the turtle on in the water?
How much water do you normally change? For how long have you had the turtle?
I wiped all 4 sides of the tank, but by the top, I mean only the top of the glass where the water doesn’t reach. I see a bunch of bubbles in the water, so I can only assume some soap got on him. I normally change 2/3 of the water, but when I changed it a couple days ago I changed around 90%. I’ve had the turtle for 7 years and have never done this before. I just brain farted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store