Wondering if I can get protein skimmer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
Thanks guys, and Robbie! I think that super skimmer will be our best option. That was the picture I was looking for. Can you tell me how much space we will need between the wall and the tank in order to put one of those skimmers in. Thanks

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
Also, Grins can you explain to me are tell me more about the Octopus set-up. Thanks

texanstwoone

AC Members
Jul 9, 2007
houston
I am wondering if I could hang it on the right side somehow?

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Thanks guys, and Robbie! I think that super skimmer will be our best option. That was the picture I was looking for. Can you tell me how much space we will need between the wall and the tank in order to put one of those skimmers in. Thanks
No problem...glad to help.
My tank is 9" from the wall and that places the skimmer about 2 1/2" from the wall. I think the instructions said to leave 8". But I have the 220....I don't know if you need one that large. the next one down is a 125, which is a little smaller (although not by much). Check here for the dimensions.
As far as hanging it on the right side, I think what makes me not hate the way my skimmer looks is the fact that most of it is concealed behind the tank. But, depending on how far your tank is away from the wall, it may be your only option. I think you would want to move your tank as much as I would want to move mine :).
Good luck!
Robbie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store