Wood Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mkbuckham

AC Members
Mar 5, 2004
Colorado Springs
Visit site
I just got the perfect peice of wood for a 55 I will set up soon but it floats ( Who would of thought). Is there a way to make it sink faster? It is to large to boil or bake, 45"long 15" high. Thought about drilling small holes in the back and maybe a couple larger holes as caves. Will it become water logged faster in warmer water than cold?

55 display.jpg

Mindcrime121

AC Members
Nov 2, 2008
Willows, California
I can't tell you the best way to waterlog it, but had to post to say WOW!!! :eek3: AWESOME piece of wood you got!! Is that a root section from an Oak tree?

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
It's a nice piece, it looks very big

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
That is AWESOME!!

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
I second the slate plan- you're going to need to anchor that sucker down. The time it will take to become waterlogged is unpredictable. Just attach a big piece of slate to the bottom with stainless steel screws. Then you not only have the weight of the slate itself, you can pile gravel and rocks on top of the slate.

bushwhacker

old school newbie
Aug 2, 2008
westminster sc.
yep

I second the slate plan- you're going to need to anchor that sucker down. The time it will take to become waterlogged is unpredictable. Just attach a big piece of slate to the bottom with stainless steel screws. Then you not only have the weight of the slate itself, you can pile gravel and rocks on top of the slate.
''

yep had to do the same thing on a piece in my tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store