worth it or not?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

malken

AC Members
Aug 31, 2003
San Bernardino, CA
Visit site
$100 is a good deal, but you may want to try to contact the seller to find out the extent of the damage. "Leaks" is a very broad term and you probably want to be sure about how bad it is before putting any money out.

OscarMan82

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
Bellevue Oh
no 1 else??????

Firebelly__girl

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
I would ask for a picture.. hey a leak could be a crack across the whole entire thing you never know. I would still buy it though... for reptiles/amphibians but thats just me lol

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I would get pictures and take those pictures to a plastics shop, and see if they could re-weld the seam, or atke it apart and make the repair, I don't think I would attempt to make that repair on a tank that big, especially being acrylic, you could silicone Glass.

Do you have any local plastic fab shops around?

ansbfish

AC Members
Nov 10, 2007
if you can get it repaired by a professional, as mentioned by Zigman, its definitely worth it.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
well, to read that "it leaks badly" is a big enough turn off for me. I wouldn't want to deal with the headache, especially with knowing that it's come apart at the seams. I just don't feel I need to pay for something that is a headache in the first place.... but that's me.

rachelmayt

AC Members
Oct 27, 2007
I would see how much it would be to unseal and reseal a tank that size before thinking about it any further.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store