Would krib(s) work in my aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
I'm looking for a bottom dweller for my 20g high and stumbled across the kribensis - wow, what a stunning fish!

Here's the tank info:
The tank is cycled and has been running for a year. It's planted and was formerly home to a betta sorority (so lots of hiding spots).

The current stock list:
11 glowlight tetras
1 betta (she can be moved, but is happiest in this tank)
3 amano shrimp (also can be moved, but would rather not)
1 netrite snail (will be moving)
1 albino bristlenose pleco (must stay)

From what I've read it seems like kribs could do okay in this tank, but I'm worried about the compatibility with the pleco.

Also - must they be kept in male female pairs? Could you have just one? Can they be kept in same sex pairs?

Thanks very much!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
i have a 29 gallon with a breeding pair of kribs, an angelfish, 10 black skirt tetras, an albino bristle nose pleco, and 6 kuhli loaches that has been running for about 2 years. i don't see any problems with your stocking.

StarStruck8

AC Members
Jun 9, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Lindsay
I also have kribs in a 29 gallon tank and they attack snails that go into their territory so ferociously that I am afraid to get any kind of bottom dweller. Maybe it depends on the fish? I don't think the betta would last long with kribs...they are fast swimmers and could probably beat her up quite easily if they wanted to. Having lots of hiding places will definitely help. I haven't had mine for long so I can't help beyond that, sorry!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store