WOW,been gone for a while

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Been lurking for a while, hard to keep interested without a setup myself right now...not sure "how bad" the loss of activity really is, but the site's gone through periods like this before...and we're still here at least.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I have gone for a few months without coming here at all. Then started lurking around again. Now I will try and post more. I'm glad this thread got started. Forums really do depend on the posting of the members in order to stay active. This site has always struck me as unique because the staff it has does have participate as members more than they act like they are staff.

Too many forums have mods with a holier than thou attitude. A couple of those forums that have been mentioned in this thread. I have happily been banned from them for calling out the mods on their biased behavior. Some forums have mods that make friends. Then they and their handful of friends will dominate the board. If you have an opinion that differs from them, they will start to argue with you. If you decided to take the bait and argue back, then you get banned. Don't they realise all they are doing is creating a forum with a few active members? How boring is that? Or how easy it is to get back onto the forums and really make a mess of things for them? OK. I admit it. I have trolled some forums. But only the ones that deserved it :FIREdevil:

I do not feel like that is what has happened here. It is not as active as it has been in the past. But the board is also not what I would call dormant. There are plenty of new threads and responses. Not like it was, but not dead either. I feel it will become more active again. When I joined it seemed like there were a lot of new people at that time. Maybe it was so active because we all wanted to post pics, and ask lots of questions. A new batch of newbies will come along and things will pick back up again. Maybe the newbies will inspire some of the oldies to post more. This is a great forum. No need to worry too much about it IMO.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
WHAT?? Did Lupin get to you? :)
You never could keep the same thing going in your 125 for long if I remember correctly. Would like to see your goldies. I must confess I have a 30 gallon with a couple of fancies that is technically my daughters, but that I love having. Going no scape for a for a goldie tank is giving me some ideas......
HAHA, No Lupin didn't do it ! I actually kept my previous planted setup on the 125 for a few years. What happened is that I redecorated my condo a bit and the planted part just didn't look right . I went for a more sophisticated look with the open aquascape with goldie look. More of a BIG goldfish bowl look :) I'll see if I can post a pic one of these days.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Thumbs up to everyone with there comments on this thread , good to see the discussion.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
while that might be true, the burden of damage control and repair ALWAYS falls on the admins/CEOs/managment/owners/etc..

Nicole hit the nail on the head whether anyone wants to face it or not. there are even mods on this site that have chosen to be more active in communities elsewhere...

EDIT: and i can't believe i almost missed this... but... you've been missed double SH rodman. good to see you checking in again.
Thanks , gonna try and stick around a little more . Things go on in life that turn you in different directions now and then , maybe this is a turn back to A/C !
We will see :)

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
OK if we didn't have young members comming in this forum would fall and obviously they're gonna ask the same questions older people did if they didn't then forums wouldn't be needed. Obviously most questions people ask can be found from a simple search but then forums wouldn't be needed anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
OK if we didn't have young members comming in this forum would fall and obviously they're gonna ask the same questions older people did if they didn't then forums wouldn't be needed. Obviously most questions people ask can be found from a simple search but then forums wouldn't be needed anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I don't think anyone was saying that the forum is better off without new people joining, young or old. However, there were clear personality issues with some of those younger joiners and the more established members.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:clap:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store