WOW,been gone for a while

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
I've been mostly absent for two years, and unfortunately just popped back on to rehome my fish as I am moving and won't be able to take them with me or set up a new tank when I get there. (Maybe I'll sneak in just a little one...) It's sad to hear that the forum has been getting quiet, as it was absolutely invaluable to me when I started. Even if I can't keep a tank for a while, I'd be happy to come by and participate in discussions once in a while... if I remember. Without a specific question or photo to share, I don't usually think of it. Perhaps there could be a way of periodically nudging inactive members, particularly senior members, who haven't posted in a while? As long as it wasn't too frequent, I'd probably respond well to that. For instance, an email if I haven't posted in a month? Something like that?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I've been mostly absent for two years, and unfortunately just popped back on to rehome my fish as I am moving and won't be able to take them with me or set up a new tank when I get there. (Maybe I'll sneak in just a little one...) It's sad to hear that the forum has been getting quiet, as it was absolutely invaluable to me when I started. Even if I can't keep a tank for a while, I'd be happy to come by and participate in discussions once in a while... if I remember. Without a specific question or photo to share, I don't usually think of it. Perhaps there could be a way of periodically nudging inactive members, particularly senior members, who haven't posted in a while? As long as it wasn't too frequent, I'd probably respond well to that. For instance, an email if I haven't posted in a month? Something like that?
Quitter! ;)

But, in all seriousness, stick around and participate. its a community.. not somewhere to get help with fish problems alone.

helping noobs will only go so far, eventually they will have a cycled tank.

leshrimp

AC Members
Jul 6, 2013
Wow looks like I am the only "new" person to the forum :lol2:

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
Quitter! ;)

But, in all seriousness, stick around and participate. its a community.. not somewhere to get help with fish problems alone.

helping noobs will only go so far, eventually they will have a cycled tank.
I don't mean that I left as soon as my tanks were cycled. It definitely is a community and not just a place for noobs and problems. I just got really busy with my day job and such and gradually drifted away. Now that I have no fish, I won't have as much to talk about... but I'll try to stop by now and again. :)

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I don't mean that I left as soon as my tanks were cycled. It definitely is a community and not just a place for noobs and problems. I just got really busy with my day job and such and gradually drifted away. Now that I have no fish, I won't have as much to talk about... but I'll try to stop by now and again. :)
I wasn't suggesting that you had cycled and ran, more venting my frustration here that as topics advance past beginner level, there is less and less help or discussion, and then there are less and less people undertaking something new, unusual or otherwise adventurous.

From memory, you stick out for your work with DIY gel foods, which is not exactly common outside of maybe people following recipes for snail jello.

your posts, or maybe more specifically that avatar of yours, reminded me that it's something I should be trying, so if nothing else, thanks for the inspiration.

and as thanks, I promise not to suggest that a room full of 30 single species tanks set up for a breeding program would be in any way a good use of your time or resources.

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
From memory, you stick out for your work with DIY gel foods, which is not exactly common outside of maybe people following recipes for snail jello.

your posts, or maybe more specifically that avatar of yours, reminded me that it's something I should be trying, so if nothing else, thanks for the inspiration.

and as thanks, I promise not to suggest that a room full of 30 single species tanks set up for a breeding program would be in any way a good use of your time or resources.
I'm flattered you remember! I actually need to unload all of that inventory, since I'd prefer not to haul it across the country and cram it into my 396 sq ft apartment... Will be posting a new sale thread soon, I think!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store