WTB WTB Apple Snail/Mystery Snail Jacksonville NC 28540 shipping or local pick-up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachoqtpie

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
thecharwoods.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jacque
Yup! That's them! I just want a couple more. I've only got a 1.5 gallon right now, but I'm going to upgrade to a 5 or 10 gallon here within the next month. Once I get the bigger tank, I'm sure I will get more! *giggle*

Freezekougra

AC Members
May 17, 2009
Brooklyn NY
are you sure they're not these? more likely hitchhikers

anyways, good luck whatever they are. i think both snails are awesome :p

ramshorn.jpg

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Yup! That's them! I just want a couple more. I've only got a 1.5 gallon right now, but I'm going to upgrade to a 5 or 10 gallon here within the next month. Once I get the bigger tank, I'm sure I will get more! *giggle*
You will need at least 2 gallons per snail. I don't raise them anymore and my oldtimers are in a small tank. I do a water change every other day because they make a lot of waste. Good luck with your snails I loved having mine but I am now into shrimp and they are not a good mix in my opinion. Do some research though. www.applesnail.net is a good resorce.

Nachoqtpie

AC Members
Mar 28, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
thecharwoods.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jacque
Thanks Jackiomy. I'm a member of applesnail.net. Like I said, I'm going to be getting a bigger tank here very shortly. So, they will have more room! We originally got the tank for triops, but, not realizing (or doing research) that aquatic snails have "slime" all the triops got stuck and died. LOL I LOVE the apple snails tho, and want to get more. My husband thinks I'm quite strange to just want a tank with snails in it. I thought about maybe putting a beta in a 5-10 gallon tank on the kitchen bar along with my snails. I have heard that they can be kinda tough on them tho.

Freezekougra- The two hatchlings are too small to really tell what they are, but I'm sure that my large snail is an apple snail. I guess in a month or two I will be able to be able to tell what the little ones are. I'm hoping I got lucky and that they are apple snails as well!

FastFly67

AC Members
Sep 18, 2008
SC
I may be interested in one of your ivories! How old/big? Sexed?

I have 2 hatchlings in the tank right now, the largest is just about 3mm, so I'm not sure of their color or sex yet. I'm not exactly sure how they got in the tank either!
larger than marble. can't tell you when they hatched cuz i never even SAW the clutch and no, i won't sex them.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
No pink....I can not count how many dark striped purple. If you get ivory from Fastfly and dark striped purple from me.....They make pink...as well as many other colors. The odds are relatively good that you will have light striped purple or pink as you call them from their clutches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store