WTF? MUDSKIPPER'S FINS GOT BITTEN OFF!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PlantedWetLife

AC Members
Aug 28, 2009
Saskatchewan, Canada
I would consider getting a bigger tank, I've upgraded my skipper's tank twice now, and they're happy in their newest one (I've had them for about 1 1/2 years now).

The best place to do this, is garage sales! You can get 15-50 gallons for 20-100 bucks.

One other option is to increase the number of hiding places. Can they both bask without seeing each other? Is there room for one to eat where the other can't see? The pack mentality of skipper's is usually the dominant one pigs out, but makes sure the others don't starve. That way he grows faster, stronger, and larger and can maintain the hierarchy.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Yeah, I'm going to upgrade their habitat to a kiddie pool and use wormcastings and sand as substrate. I can't find mud but wormcastings seems to have enough clay like properties. And before it turns the water into nutrient soup, I'm gonna just plant some nutrient sucking plants in the soil too.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
The Indian mudakipper has it's tail somewhat grown back now too, and all of it's other fins grew back within a day. Or did I mention that earlier?

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
*sigh* If it's not one thing it's another. Now it's eye is infected. It's red in some parts and swollen. How do I fix?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store