1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

Yellow Tang? Help?

Discussion in 'Surgeonfish' started by bellaNmatt, May 29, 2009.

1. bellaNmatt

bellaNmatt AC Members

I got a yellow tang today and slowly acclimated it into the tank. Now that i have been sitting staring at it constantly i have noticed around its eyes there are a few small brownish spots around its eyes....they were probably there when i got him but i am just peranoid because i have lost a hippo tang to ich before. Is there anything to be worried about?
    should i do a FW dip just to be safe?
    please help me out
    thanks

2. Ace25

Ace25 www.centralcoastreefclub. com

Could be flukes. Those are common with tangs these days according to others in this thread.

3. Antinostact

Antinostact AC Members

Yellow Tang Help

Well my yellow tang is in qt tank for almost 2 weeks tom and i noticed red sections on his body. What i have been looking into online is bacterial infections. Some pics i have saw look like what he has. Red spots on his body in a couple areas. Only thing i saw was water changes to help the fish not sure what meds i should use to help this guy out. I have prazi pro and cupramine which i know the latter one wont work. What meds do you all recommend for me to try and treat this any help soon would be appreciated greatly.