Yellow Tang, Is this ICH? you tell me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noskimmer

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
Sydney
Real Name
Nick Papahatzis
Niko, I didn't really know what ich was, but occasionally newly introduced fish will develop the white spots as described in Mandy21's links and do the glancing at rocks thing and increase gill activity but it has always cleared its self. Could it be that the ich is present, like if your a little stressed or run down you seem to catch every cold going around? I under stand the cycle thing with the white spot, I just don't understand why no other fish in the tank doesn't contract it, and the one that does gets better with no intervention from myself.

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
I had the same results as noskimmer. A fish gets a white spot here or there then scratches then seems to get over it. But that is a gamble.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Well im Treating all Fish In a QT I have a yellow tang, Coral beuaty, two clowns a yellow watchman goby, and two damsels, The Problem is my QT tank is only 29gal, and not totaly cycled. This really sucks... I think i will leave the Two damsels in the main display and the goby. the clowns and tang and CP will go in the QT Ill keep you updated this sucks!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
check levels often and have water mixed up to do water changes. get another 10g QT for the damsels and goby to be sure you're rid of it.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I Tried Catching them last night but couldnt.. Should I take all my Rock out?!!!

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Well i will tonight. I also have Little White Specs All over the Glass,as I remember they are snail eggs right? they are hard with a Little Black dot in the middle

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Well Ich Does Not attach Itsself to Glass does it? My tank was fine till this started.. i might as well Sell everything. haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store