yellow tang sick need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NanoMan

reefer
Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
voodoo you are a tard. your posts make me think you ride the short bus.i have never heard anything from you that didnt sound ignorant. it is very stupid for me to post that my fish is sick/my water is fine and what i feed and then somebody say dur..what are your water readings? that is all i get here > what are your water readings. of course i am upset.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
As you can see from the prior post, we do know what we are talking about, and water parameters are important. Now maybe you will reconsider your earlier comments, nopatience?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Just a warning. Everyone tries to help out. There are varying degrees of experience amongst our members, but no one will deliberately give you bad information. Nasty comments will not be tolerated.

If you feel you won't benefit from the knowledge provided, you are certainly welcome to leave. I would hope that you would stay, benefit from the experience of others, and share your own experiences.

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Wow, you miss a few hours and look what happens. Anyway, if I may, I will try to get back to the original topic of the sick tang. Nopatience, you never told us SPECIFICALLY what behavior the tang was showing. "Swimming crazy" could mean 500 different things. I have a domino damsel that swims upside down on occasion, and has for 6 months. He is fine healthwise, he just seems to enjoy it. Does that constitute "crazy?"

Also, you didn't tell us whether or not you have been supplumenting the tang's diet with vitamin C enriched foods. If you haven't, then VoodooChild's post about lateral line erosion may have been dead on.

GCVT also has a very good point about the SG in your tank. I have yet to find a source recommending less than 1.022.

Now, if you feel that our advice is worthless, may I suggest that you visit your public library and do some reading. There are a lot of books written by a lot of PhD's out there that know more than we do, and they MIGHT even know more than you.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
hey nopatience, simple... leave!!!

you said you'd leave, so just stop replying.

If you feel you're not getting the royal treatment that I think you're expecting, it's simple. Don't come back.

people like you aren't needed here!..

heck, it's a f*cken free forum and you're even getting picky

ciao!

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Nopatience, Bob Fenner at WWM will tell you to pack off if you cop this kind of attitude with them - even extremely talented and experienced aquarists get stumped sometimes, and you shouldn't be that judgmental. He also won't be able to do a thing for your tang if you choose not to answer the relevant questions. We can't see your fish and we don't know your tank, so there's a lot of missing information that needs to be filled in before anyone can make a diagnosis. Red streaks and odd behavior can be anything from petecchial (which would be my guess) to black spot to swim bladder damage...we need more info, and I'll bet you a beer that specific water parameters are the FIRST thing that Fenner's crew asks for if you don't supply them in your question. Nine times out of ten, it's a water quality issue that results in a fish getting stressed enough to come down with a disease/infection in the first place.

I'm leaving this thread open to allow further discussion, but posts made with personal attacks will be edited at my discretion and I won't hesitate to close this down if it gets out of hand.

-BC

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store