Yellow Tang turning red

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Originally posted by kreblak
Wow, you learn something new everyday. Looks like the tang is bloodshot. Maybe some Cleareyes in the water might clear it up.:D

In all seriousness, does this always show red? I had a fish some months back that exhibited some of this when he was placed in the tank. It was a yellowtail damsel, and the blue part of his body got all funny looking and streaky, but it wasn't red. He recovered a week later.

Sorry Kreblak, missed this question earlier. Yes, petecchial (to my knowledge) always shows up as red streaking, but it may not be as easily seen or may appear a different shade depending on a fish's color. But, don't confuse this with the normal stress and day/night color shifts that many fish perform regularly. Damsels are one of many fish that will shift their colors when scared or adjusting from light to dark conditions.

TONO

AC Members
Jan 5, 2005
What kind of setup are you running how big is your skimmer, fuge? Flow in the tank from powerheads main circulation pump?

Uncarved Block

Formerly known as "Uncarved Block"
Sep 17, 2006
Washington
You do realize that this thread is over three years old, do you?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store