Yellow tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I am only getting a fish or two with live rock so I would have plenty of room for the fish. I am getting a volitan lionfish no matter what, I'm looking for options for a lionfish buddy. Could a yellow tang live with a niger or a Picasso triggerfish?- my LFS worker suggested a tang or small trigger with a lionfish.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I would avoid a Trigger unless it's the centerpiece of the tank. A Niger for certain and a Picasso only a bit less so would be peaceful enough, but either would make keeping a clean up crew an expensive propsition. Perhaps a species of Genicanthus such as a Lamarck or a Bellus? Always peaceful with other species, active and able to handle a bit of being pushed around by more aggressive fish without it seeming to faze them.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
Dang sub rosa I see you helping out in fresh and saltwater. You know your stuff. I hope to be as knowledgable as you and some others here one day

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I don't recommend housing a Trigger and a Lionfish together. It likely would result in the Lionfish getting destroyed.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I don't recommend housing a Trigger and a Lionfish together. It likely would result in the Lionfish getting destroyed.
Define "Trigger". Nigers are generally very peaceful, Picasso's a bit less so. Neither is a patch on a Queen, Fuscus, or a Clown as far as aggression. And then there's the whole genus Xanthichthys which are total pussycats. But they'll all take out any crustacean (with a few exceptions) or echinoderm, and all but Xanthichthys will eliminate every gastropod in the tank. That's a clean up crew. A lot would depend on the size of the tank as well.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Dang sub rosa I see you helping out in fresh and saltwater. You know your stuff. I hope to be as knowledgable as you and some others here one day
Subrosa builds aquariums for a living

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store