Yes! This is it!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Yuri De Lima

AC Members
Nov 2, 2005
Alexandria,VA
The last couple of weeks I've been trying to find a way to make a 10G sump/fuge, set it beside a 24G Aquapod tank and get it to work without drilling either one of the tanks. And today I was doing a search and thing I've found the perfect project/construction.
This came out of a Thread that's been active since 02-04-2005 and it runs 23 pages long so far.

Even an example of what I exactly want to do.

I will probably try to do this tomorrow and will post my results.

Thanks,
Yuri.

noskimmer

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
Sydney
Real Name
Nick Papahatzis
I'm a little confused.. how does the overflow start? or am I missing something?

Yuri De Lima

AC Members
Nov 2, 2005
Alexandria,VA
I don't really know how to explain this but it works, it's been tested, even with the event of a power outrage, no flood with happen and the unit will still restart itself when it comes back up.

If you're really interested on how it works, here grab yourself a snack and you're ready to go. It's some good reading.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/nice-cheap-diy-overflow-29396.html

ricsreef

AC Members
Jun 22, 2007
Louisville,Ky
I would suggest a vacuum pump for your siphon tube,This set up will restart siphon on its own,Without it you will eventually have a flood,The system you are talking about will start on its own MOST of the time,The one time it does not,it will overfill your sump and flood,Good luck and keep us posted

dorkfish

AC Members
Jul 25, 2005
Windsor,Ontario,Canada
I would suggest a vacuum pump for your siphon tube,This set up will restart siphon on its own,Without it you will eventually have a flood,The system you are talking about will start on its own MOST of the time,The one time it does not,it will overfill your sump and flood,Good luck and keep us posted
Other way around - drain the sump and overflow the display.

Yuri De Lima

AC Members
Nov 2, 2005
Alexandria,VA
Anyhow, I wen to Lowe's and Home Depot today and got all the materials required. Bought all the pipes, got a piece of glass cut for the sump/fuge, and bought a little saw (since I didn't have one, no surprise there! lol).

Here are the overflowpics.

Sump/fuge made with a stand 10 All glass tank and a sheet of glass
(demensions H= 8 1/2" x W= 9 5/8")

One things dry I cut the rest of pipes that are needed.

I'm also going to paint the pipe with black krylon Fusion paint which I have heard if aquarium safe? Anybody know for sure.

I'll post pics when it's all set and done.

Thanks,
Yuri.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store