you can pick 1 cichlid what species?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

red_wall

Whoosh! feel the onomatopoeia
Jun 15, 2008
SE Georgia
There are far too many cichlids to choose from. IMHO, oscars are the most boring of them all. Watch this jurupari video and tell me if you still think oscars are the most interesting.
While I do see the cool factor of mouthbrooding, I think just that one little fun thing they do isn't going to out-compete Oscars for overall personality.

Oscars x2 :]

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
There are far too many cichlids to choose from. IMHO, oscars are the most boring of them all. Watch this jurupari video and tell me if you still think oscars are the most interesting.

[yt]-ykkHEs2UG0[/yt]
awesome!!!!!! are these your babies??

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
OK it's a mouthbrooder - "NEXT"! I have mouthbrooders also, just not those. So far I have to say my Oscars have won me over for personality although Dovii come in at a pretty close second.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Granny you picked two different species...cheater!

I pick my neolamprologus multifasciatus, hands down.
:lmao: sorry hon Im new and slow to these guys ( Im old remember) I have got to get a mod to fix my birthdate here :lol: It says Im only going to be fifty :lol: I wish !!!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
:lmao: sorry hon Im new and slow to these guys ( Im old remember) I have got to get a mod to fix my birthdate here :lol: It says Im only going to be fifty :lol: I wish !!!
It's ok ;)

But between the two I'd pick calvus personally.

dent20

AC Members
Jun 4, 2007
Davenport, IA
If we're going to compare fish to dogs, I would compare an oscar to a retriever. Sure I would like one, but since everyone seems to have them, they wouldn't by my first choice. I have four tanks all devoted to cichlids and do not have an oscar. If I ever had a 200 gallon tank or bigger then I'd get an oscar.

If I decided to breed cichlids and keep one species it would be a tough call between the Polleni and Green Terror. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the Polleni for it's unique color and shape. Also, I think cichlids in general have personality. My Texas cichlid does everything I've heard Oscars do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store