you can pick 1 cichlid what species?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lovejonesx

AC Members
Dec 5, 2003
Visit site
Guess I'm stuck on Frontosas for life.

They are always intriguing to me.

And if I didn't/couldn't choose Fronts, I'd certainly choose
Steatocranus casuarius , the Buffalohead Cichlid.

LJx

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i'm gonna cheat and pick two, since i simply cannot choose between oscar or paratilapia polleni! i have both, and although the oscar has the personality and size, the polleni is such a gorgeous fish. both recognize me and swim to the front when i come near the tank.

SonnyDispsition

AC Members
Mar 26, 2009
Gymnogeophagus rhabdotus. They don't get too big, or two nasty. The colors are great. Red and blue. Plus, they're earth eaters. It's really cool to watch them sift sand all day. Not a trait I'd care for in a woman, mind you, but, in fish, it's pretty cool.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
albino lyretail oscar, flaming red flowerhorn

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
oscar = fishdog = yawn (I'm a cat person) LOL
Haha! I feel the same way. I like my fish to be fish, and my cats to be cats... and I dont have a dog lol. (3 cats)

My fav cichlid would have to be the Victorians - Haplochromis Sp "Dayglow Fulu" (at the moment)- I have a colony of them and they are just the most amazing species to watch. Their social behaviors and hiarchy structure are intence! I have a tank with 1 dominant male, and other tank that is still fighting it out on who is the top male (2 colored-out contenters). Great to watch and see what happens day to day. :) I also love that not all of them are colorful- you have to provide good husbandry practices to get the most out of them as well. Keeping this species has driven me further into the addiction.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
I've always been a big Parachromis fan. I love both my Jag and Loisellei. But my absolute favorite fish has to be my male Jag. He's such a stunning looking fish with an "in your face" attitude.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store