YOU stock my tank! :-)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
a pair of gouramis would be nice. Try some dwarfs, they have great personalities.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Um--dwarf gouramis don't really do too well together unless they are female--which I've already stated are hard to find. You can get male/female pairs of the larger gouramis. Also, aussie you might want to watch that combo of two d gouramis and a betta, sounds like a combo that will lead to at least two dead fish.

karna68

Go Bucks!
Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That was going to be my question about gouramis, so it's only the dwarfs that males can't be together? Bigger ones can be in male/female pairs? Do they breed easily though? I really don't want to deal with fry.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
You can keep the dwarfs with one male and a bunch of females, but it is harder to find the females. But you can get m/f pair of the larger species of gourami--the females are more readily avalible. Some people have had success keeping more then one dwarf gourami together, but I have not.

cindi

AC Members
Sep 30, 2006
Central Florida
I just added 2 schools 6 neons and 6 glowlite tetrsa. They look awesome together and would look good with a dwarf gourami.

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
If you can find them you could try Honey Gouramis, they are smaller than dwarfs and have a great personaility. I went with a male and female, the female has a dark stripe down her side, and the male is constantly changing colors. Their throats turn deep blue and their fins bright yellow when they are ready to mate. Just a thought, a 30 isn't THAT much bigger than my 20, and it would leave more room for other fish.

karna68

Go Bucks!
Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I want some bigger fish so I'm thinking I'll go with regular Gouramis. Could I get 2 females so I don't run the risk of unwanted pregnancy :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store