Your Dream Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Indigo

weeeeee
Sep 20, 2004
BC, Canada
holy snot I just had a wicked idea thanks to Yo Loach - one bigg long house with a big LOOOOOONG tank and set up a river/lake to estuary to ocean system. It would be so could to watch as a FW fish grows up and slowly makes its way to a marine environment.

Megatron

Dog trainer
Nov 22, 2004
Toronto canada
DefinatlyLarge aggressive fish

I would a massive tank with arowana, oscars, all kinds of big catfish and ple*os, maybe a lungfish, bowfin, some gar maybe, a snakehead, some pacu , some piranha, an electric catfish, stingrays, a school of clown knifes, and even an arapraima(sp?). Then i would buy like 1000 feeder goldfish and drop them in. But i would also have seperate tanks set up so i could breed them all.... imagine how cool it would be to breed aros and snakeheads!

I do actually have plans to build a monster tank in the next year or so. My buddy and I are getting a 3 bedroom basement apartment and we have already made up our minds to turn the third bedroom into a fish room! Then some of my dreamtank gets to come true!

vaheelsfan

AC Members
May 23, 2003
Stuarts Draft, VA
Visit site
I'd have to find a really strong spring and build a house near it. One whole wall of the living room would be an aquarium, say 10 feet deep. I'd pipe the spring to come in near the ceiling over a manmade waterfall type deal into the aquarium. The decor would be simple...River rocks with maybe a small boulder or two and some tree roots. Throw in some creek chubs, a lot of crayfish, a big school of minnows, and then maybe 7 or 8 of the most beautiful fish in the world, the Eastern Brook Trout.

Nov 25, 2004
Indiana

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
Debra Mark

My pacu is only 18. You think he will go for a full 25 to 30 years?

Dose any one want my pacu? He’s a big one...

Or maybe I could slack off on his care one day a week. That might shorten his life by a day or 2. Ohh why not I’ll keep playing with him 7 days a week. not to may people can keep a fish that long. So I’m thinking I will get my dream tank in 8 years or he’s getting a new home in my basement.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store