Your opinion on this lighting kit please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Ive bought things from PSL before, (there website, not ebay) and the stuff was fine. That deal is pretty good, though dont forget that you need to factor in the cost of a nice size hood for your tank, as you want the MH bulbs at least 8" from the water.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
depends on personal preference, 10K bulbs tend to be just a pure white without much blue. And 20K are a light blue color.

If your going to get actinic fluorescents as well, then Id go with the 10k bulbs.

SierraReef

AC Members
May 10, 2003
Carson City, NV
Visit site
I, and a few others, got ripped-off from e-bay's aquariumlights, although we purchased a misrepresented refugium, not lights. We ended up communicating with each other and none of us got any support from aquariumlights. When something goes wrong with e-bay you're out of luck unless you have a fair and honest person to work with - IMO aquariumlights absolutely is not that type of seller.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Not that I disagree with the risk you take on ebay, but I would find it difficult to assume all buyers are bad because you had one bad experience. As I said earlier, I have bought items from petsupplyliquidator before, and havent had any issues.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store