Your view on these meds...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
I'd say it's neither ick (always distinctly granular) or fungus (very rare; nearly always actually bacterial). It's probably a mixture of bacteria - Aeromonas, Pseudomonas, Flexibacter and columnaris. Pristine water conditions and initially something like Melafix would be a start; salt will achieve very little although at the levels usually prescribed it wouldn't actually kill your snail or loach.

smoochxoxo

AC Members
Jun 15, 2008
NY
TY for the info!

UPDATE:
:headshake2: Another one bites the dust!!! This time it was a young feeder guppy male. The only thing I saw was a small white patch on the base of his tail but that was it, besides he was stuck on the filter so that may have chewed what was left. Yesterday I noticed a black spot in the same place on both sides of his body, say mid way down his body under his top fin. Thought maybe it was just a marking of color on him as he matured but maybe that has something to do with it.

Dosed last night same time as the night before with pims/mela. So hopefully something will take effect. As long as the gourami and the loach do ok. I have not noticed anything on them yet!
:wall::wall::wall:

I can't get a still shot of the fish that is clear to see. I tried about 50 photos last night and still nothing. I will try again today and see what I can do...
It is the 10G tank and the fishy friends that are in there now should be on my tank set up list. The loach is a hillstream loach. He and the Gourami seem to be the only ones thriving in the tank, the others are just living. Sooo I think once or if these guppies pass on no more guppies for me.
Thanks for everyones help I really appreciate it!!!
Hugs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store