The Reading Room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
I am an avid reader, and I love to share books with others. This thread is a place to post books that you are reading/just finished and would like to share or talk about. I'll go first:

Trans-Sister Radio by Chris Bohjalian

A really interesting read about a transgender male-to-female in a small town who gets involved with a school teacher and her family. It is set against a fictional NPR radio program investigating their story. It was honest, funny, heartbreaking and eye opening. Slightly reminiscent of the movie Transamerica, but with an emphasis on the nature of love and personal honesty.

Rating: 8/10 smilies :read:

http://www.amazon.com/Trans-Sister-Radio-Chris-Bohjalian/dp/0609604074

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:screwy:

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

A lovely young adult novel that plays with the idea of beauty. Aza is not your typical beauty, but her voice is heavenly. She wants nothing more than to be beautiful, and may get her chance, if she can get around the new Queen, a tricky magic mirror, and her own ideals. Set in the same world as Ella Enchanted (Ella of Frell even makes a brief cameo) this is a fun read for anyone who likes a twist on the fairy tales we grew up with.

Rating: 9/10 smilies :read:

http://www.amazon.com/Fairest-Gail-Carson-Levine/dp/0060734086

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Just started the new Dean Koontz novel about Odd Thomas. Needed something light and entertaining for the holiday.

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
hmmm...the most recent books i read were:

Mr Darcy by Alexander Potter (i like romantic stories with soppy endings lol), then I read all the Sophie Kinsella books, like shopaholic and baby - my sister lent me this, she is crazy about shopping and always needs to wear the latest things, it wasn't that good, but was very funny so i read the whole series!!! i read the last harry potter book ages ago when it first came out, but that was a bit of a disappointment for me, i don't know why, but i was expecting him to die. would have been much easier to accepting her not writing another book based on harry. i read books a lot too but recent weeks haven't had time bcoz of exam study.

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
On average I read a book every couple days, so instead of listing books here I'm going to tell ya'll my favorite authors.

Michael Connelly
Jonathan Kellerman
Faye Kellerman
Patricia Cornwell
Iris Johansen
Catherine Coulter
Janet Evanovich (quick, easy reads that will have you laughing out loud!!)

I like murder mysteries!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store