Victorian cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1974Pantera

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
San Carlos, Ca.
Thank you Barbara!

I cleaned 3 tanks this morning.....much less waste than I thought there would be? I am beginning to think I feed these fish too much. The feeders worked, programmed for twice daily feedings.....hmmm, yep, I feed them too much.....and baby them too. Specially those so called "all reds"......scarred of their own shadow.

1974Pantera

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
San Carlos, Ca.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Some pics of my pretty boy @ 1.5 inches... can't wait until he's 4 inches! He's going to be GREAT!

DSC00025.JPG DSC00013.JPG DSC00090.JPG

1974Pantera

AC Members
Jan 4, 2009
San Carlos, Ca.
Viva,

That's a handsome young lad you have there....going to be quite the lady killer as an adult!

Love the tank too!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi, VivaLaVics!
Those pics are of your 30gal, right? How many Vic beauties do you have in there?

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Hi, VivaLaVics!
Those pics are of your 30gal, right? How many Vic beauties do you have in there?
I have about 20. They will be moving to the 55 shortly. I know that 30gal wont hold them all! They're OK for now as they are small, and I think I'll be giving some of the sub-dominant males to a friend of mine once I can positively sex them.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great! They are lovely Vics, for sure!

cguarino30

Random Guy
Mar 15, 2009
I have one tank that has 2 species of Victorians in it...Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga Flamebacks" and Paralabidochromis chromogynos. .

Is there any risk of interbreeding with these two (or other) species of Victorians? I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long absence from the country and the Vics have always been my favorites. I'd love to put together a very large Vic community tank, but I'm concerned about hybridization. I feel that it is our responsibility as the keepers of endangered fish to produce viable offspring only, so as to keep the species strong. Is it doable? Could I only put certain species together, say, if they were all of a different genus?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store