I hate my area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I've had my tank for some time now and I still haven't got to fully stock it. Everytime I go to the lfs around my area there is never ANYTHING worth purchasing unless you do saltwater. All of their freshwater tanks are bare with nothing much more then some tetras, guppies and dwarf frogs, which I love but are not what I'm looking for. I love looking at all the fish you guys accumulate and am jealous to say the least!!
My only other option is buying fish offline but shipping is KILLER! Shipping costs more then the price of the fish!
It's odd, before I had my tank I would go into the same stores and they would be stocked full of healthy, beautiful fish and no sooner that I finally get a tank of my own theres nothing, NADA! What a bummer. Thanks for listening, just needed to rant!

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I feel your pain, Maine is the same way. There is a very nice Marine store close by, but other than that we basically have access to only the newb fish that PetCo, KennelShop (I think a Maine chain?) carries. PetQuarters (a Maine chain), has a better selection, but all three buy the same generic stuff from the same breeder(s) in Mass. I think? We dont really have access to the FL or CA breeders. I was talking with a PetQuarters employee about this just the other day, and he agreed the situation in some places is terrible for Fresh Water.

I guess we are lucky we have online access to aquabid, liveaquaria, and the like. What did the poor *******s in the 80's do?

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I guess we are lucky we have online access to aquabid, liveaquaria, and the like. What did the poor *******s in the 80's do?

Raised goldfish! lol I kid I kid!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
this is how I got started in bringing stuff in, lol. I had nowhere close that had what I want so now I import it and share.

mes1234

AC Members
Jan 25, 2010
I guess I am lucky. I have like 7 lps that all carry a variety of freshwater fish, plus I have private dealers in a 5 mile radius that bring in the rare fish from swaps.

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
this is how I got started in bringing stuff in, lol. I had nowhere close that had what I want so now I import it and share.
& thank goodness you did! :bowing:

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
no fish clubs, no local breeders no nada! depressing...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store