I hate my area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fanutd100

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Portland, OR
Real Name
Harry Brown
You could always place a "WTB" ad here on AC's buy and sell marketplace. Lots of times you will find someone who just has way too much of something you are looking for an will sell it to you dirt cheap. I kind of prefer hobbyist stock and plants over LFS anyway. =)
Thank you for your advice. The thing is I am kinda broke at the moment. I would like to meet local hobbyist as I cant afford big shipping fee.
Do you think I should start a WTB thread if I don't have any for shipping fee?

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Thank you for your advice. The thing is I am kinda broke at the moment. I would like to meet local hobbyist as I cant afford big shipping fee.
You could most definitely make a WTB thread stating that you are trying for pickup only and see what you get. You can also keep an eye on this thread http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?257101-RAOK-Holiday-Thread-2011!&highlight=roak Everything that is offered up is for free you just have to take dibs on it before someone else does and pay for shipping, which on some plants would probably be about $6 maybe? You could also post in there and see if anybody would be willing to help you out with what you need. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Nothing here either
It is a bit of a drive from chicago, but birds and beast pet shop in lake in the hills il has some different fish. But Idk exactly what is considered noob, and expert as far as what they carry. But they have a LOT of different types of corys and stuff and some really cool angle fish.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
Do you have anything to offer as a trade? While java moss grows slowly, if you are patient you can grow enough from a small amount to start with. You might even looking into emersed growing to get more growth.

fanutd100

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Portland, OR
Real Name
Harry Brown
Thank you for your info, Juice.

Do you have anything to offer as a trade? While java moss grows slowly, if you are patient you can grow enough from a small amount to start with. You might even looking into emersed growing to get more growth.
If it is aquarium stuff then I don't have any. I just start keeping fish for over a year. I don;t do any breeding. Now I see some nice Java moss carpet and wall as well as hearing that it is the undying plant, I want to have it and start learning about planted tank. Now you mention emersed growing, that sounds more interesting to me. Thank you for your info. Have a nice day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store