Simply Discus Hobbyist Challenge

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Don't know about the competition but they are going to have to be beyond outstanding to have a chance. Good luck on the outcome.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
nice job!!!:y220e:

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
GOOD LUCK CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Late to the show as usual...went and tried to vote for ya Avi but apparently had never gotten around to registering there. So I can't vote until confirmed, presumably in the morning. Will vote then if it's still open.

Meanwhile you are at this point kicking a$$ and leading by a good margin. Unless one of the other contestants gets Diebold to count the votes it looks like you've got it. Let me be the first to say "congrats" albeit somewhat prematurely. :)

May it set a new trend--or at least kick holes in the "conventional wisdom"--for the winner of this prestigious contest to do it with a planted tank. This notion that discus can only be "properly" raised (said with nose in air and teacup in hand, pinky finger extended in aristocratic snobbery) in a boring bare-bottom, bare-everything tank is long overdue for revision.

It goes against everything that has been learned about proper captive keeping of any living thing: they do best when in an environment as close as possible to the one they occupy in nature. Zookeepers have known this for years. A sterile bare box is....well, not that. Your tank was beautiful and I choose to believe that your fish grew better, at least in part, because they were mentally occupied and more comfortable and--dare I say it?--happier than the others. Not that my opinion matters, the results speak for themselves.

Huzzah and excellent job. :)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Chad,
my vote is in.

hey ...lookit that.. you have 1 more :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com