Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
..my new rescue ^_^ better pics to come when he is in his new home. ..in QT at the moment . he will be going in to an over filterd planted 29g ^_^ ..the other half who does not like goldies fell in love with him and said we can keep him!

any Id on what he is?..im thinking just a fantail but his body is more commet than anything?...and what would you call his color?

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Kaosu, he's pretty, whatever he is. His body type is just like my moor, minus the eyes...I'd say a fantail, or maybe a mix of a moor/fantail. His eyes look slightly larger than a fantail to me at least.

Here's some pictures of my new guys that got here today!!!!

This is Sully, my new ranchu. Look at his chubby little cheeks!!
100_0522.JPG

And a side shot.
100_0524.JPG

This is Bowser, my new ping-pong pearlscale!!! He is such a character.
100_0530.JPG

Here's a video in case you wanted to watch him waddle around. :)
[video=youtube;mCwSuhga2uI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCwSuhga2uI&feature=plcp[/video]

And this is Samus, aka Sammi, my comet. She isn't new, but I didn't put a picture up earlier. She's hard to photograph...never stays still!
100_0429.JPG100_0456.JPG100_0531.JPG

100_0522.JPG 100_0524.JPG 100_0530.JPG 100_0429.JPG 100_0456.JPG 100_0531.JPG

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
any Id on what he is?..im thinking just a fantail but his body is more commet than anything?...and what would you call his color?
That's a fantail, and he/she has a very nicely shaped classic egg body. The newer body shape the breeders are currently going for is called teardrop, I believe, where they go more fat & round at the belly, with a shorter body length, and then taper to the head. Both body shapes make beautiful fish. The color I have seen called "chocolate" when describing orandas, and I have also seen it called "bronze" or "wild metallic" when describing other varieties of goldfish. You've got yourself a very nice fish there- that tail is going to be quite stunning when he/she hits a few more years older and it finishes filling out. Gorgeous fish!

mesto

There's a FISH in the percolator!
Apr 28, 2012
What pretty fish! Sammi is my favorite, I love her tail.

Is the ping pong really supposed to be that big? How crazy!

StarSapphire22

May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
What pretty fish! Sammi is my favorite, I love her tail.

Is the ping pong really supposed to be that big? How crazy!
Thank you! And yes, he's supposed to be that way. :) Though he's definitely very big even for a pearlscale...he was the fattest one raingarden had, that's why I picked him. :)

Sent from my VM670 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

justahannah

Fascinated newb
Jul 29, 2008
Tacoma, WA
www.myspace.com
Real Name
Hannah
Here's my planted 46g bowfront goldy tank:

134.jpg

The inhabitants are a ryukin (Ned), a moor (Dusty), a calico telescope with some extra large shiny scales (Lucky) and a juvie male bristlenose pleco (El Guapo).

163.jpg

134.jpg 163.jpg

StarSapphire22

May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Haha, I like your BN's name.

Here's a full tank video I took today...just click the image to go to photobucket. :)

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
I'm so glad to see that this thread is still active... bringing it full circle here, from when I started this thread in 2009, three years after I joined AC - to now, three years after this thread began...
My big comet Napoleon finally passed this morning. I'm pretty sure he made his seventh birthday this month. Not as long as I had been hoping for but a dang good run for a carnival prize feeder. He made it to about 18 inches at full length and battled tuberculosis like a champ for the last couple years.
Thank you all for being such a wonderful community to find, back when I was still keeping him in a fishbowl... and for being such wonderful friends as I bought him a 10 gallon, then a 30, then a 50 and finally the 120 that sits in my living room today, looking awfully big and empty without him.
He's swimmin' in the big pond now :)
RIP Napoleon.

fishes08ll2.jpg

As an aside, it's been a long while since I've logged in here. Just now I'm seeing my little tagline, "befriend a feeder." I think I might just do that tomorrow, go out and find a new little wiggler.
Nice to read all your posts again.
xoxo

fishes08ll2.jpg

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice to see you around again!

RIP Napoleon.

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Aw, I'm so sorry about Napoleon! He had a wonderful life though, and wow did he get big. Speaking of big, or more like round, holy cow Bowzer is big guy!

I really love this thread, and check in for updates every now and then. So many beautiful goldies. And yes, time to rescue another feeder, and with a 120 tank you can rescue a few more. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store