My Big Dovii & Jaguar

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rwellbaum

Captain
Mar 26, 2013
Real Name
Randy
Hey I just wanted to show off my 14" male parachromis dovii and his girlfriend an 8" parachromis managuensis
[video=youtube;hSFBWOGgygQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSFBWOGgygQ[/video]

dovii1.JPGdovii2.JPGdovii3.JPGdovii4.JPGdovii5.JPGdovii6.JPGdovii7.JPGdovii8.JPGdovii9.JPGdovii10.JPGdovii11 (jaguar).JPG
hopefully I will have some jaguar/dovii eggs soon

dovii1.JPG dovii2.JPG dovii3.JPG dovii4.JPG dovii5.JPG dovii6.JPG dovii7.JPG dovii8.JPG dovii9.JPG dovii10.JPG dovii11 (jaguar).JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice fish!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Nice looking Dovii and Jag you got there. I do got a question though. Why do you want to cross breed them? Just curious. I've seen some awesome hybrids and some not so hot ones as well. Just wanna know what makes you wanna try it.

rwellbaum

Captain
Mar 26, 2013
Real Name
Randy
Nice fish! I like the fourth picture the best :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks!
Nice fish!
Thanks!
Awesome..
Thanks!
Nice looking Dovii and Jag you got there. I do got a question though. Why do you want to cross breed them? Just curious. I've seen some awesome hybrids and some not so hot ones as well. Just wanna know what makes you wanna try it.
Thanks!
The reason is because jag/dovii hybrids are uncommon and they are a really cool hybrid, and I also do not have a female dovii. also they are getting along very well and if he didn't want her in the tank then I would take her out.
eventualy I will have a female dovii, my buddy has a breeding pair and he has fry so i am going to take a female from him and put her with my male if the dovii and jag don't work out

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh ok cool deal. The one hybrid I liked but seems to be non existent is the Jag x Red Terror. Someone had the weird idea to name it a Manaconda so if you try looking it up be sure to have a filter to remove the dirty pictures which are also tied to that same name. Other interesting mix I have seen online are Trimac x Red Bay Snook and Dovii x Red Terror.

rwellbaum

Captain
Mar 26, 2013
Real Name
Randy
Yeah those are some cool hybrids
I really like the parachromis species, that is also why I am trying to hybridise the managuensis with the dovii

I am trying to collect all 5 different parachromis species

I have 5 managuensis, 1 dovii, and 1 friedrichsthalii... all I need now is a loisellei and a motaguensis
if my jag/dovii pair works out good then I might put the female dovii that I am getting with my male friedrichstahalii and see if they will pair up...

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yea I wanted to do that. I had Freddy's, Motag's and Loisellei's all at once just needed the Jag and Dovii but never attained them and when I had my mishap that cleared more then half my tank then the Motag killed everything else I decided to give that dream up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store