112G Planted Show Tank Journal!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
the quantity validates the claim.
:iagree: I always feel better if more than one person replies to my questions. And if your method works go with it! :)

Excel is definitely good to have on hand for algae control too, like parrottbay said.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Thanks guys!
Yea I'm deciding with my dad for which ferts...
And I won't use flourish on this tank
Just on my others without co2...

My crypts have 4"+ roots...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
Just know with the Seachem lines and similiar, you are paying for a majority of RO water with little ferts. Dosing Seachem is a VERY safe method but is costly and is hard to dose heavily for heavily planted tanks. (if you ask me)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
aight thanks!:) I already have RO so I'll just stop that after I run out...but I have around 4 liters to get through lol cuz I buy the huge bulk packs...

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
I am kinda lost, I didnt mean stop using RO water if you are, I am jus saying that you are paying for 90% RO water and 10% ferts in premixed ferts. It sounded like in your last post that you will go through your premixed ferts before do the dry method but I thought you previously stated that you only had Excel? I am kinda lost.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
He'll stop using Flourish once he runs out, and use RO for mixing ferts.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I am kinda lost, I didnt mean stop using RO water if you are, I am jus saying that you are paying for 90% RO water and 10% ferts in premixed ferts. It sounded like in your last post that you will go through your premixed ferts before do the dry method but I thought you previously stated that you only had Excel? I am kinda lost.
lol my bad

I didn't mean stop using RO water, I meant stop using flourish haha...wasn't clear!

So I am getting the package u posted the link to! The pro one!:) Thanks!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
He'll stop using Flourish once he runs out, and use RO for mixing ferts.
didn't mean that either lol! my fault again as I wasn't clear!
sorry!

what I meant by 4 bulk packs, was 4 bulk packs of flourish excel, like the huge ones on amazon for $30...

FINAL statement (Corrected):

I will use up the remaining flourish excel in my other tanks. Besides that, I will continue using RO water in all my tanks as I already do...then I will add the dry ferts from GLA once they arrive (only for this tank)...
hope that clarifies!

once again, my bad for unclear post!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Decided on the pro package! I will be gone when it comes, but my dad will just keep it inside when it comes! I researched it a bit and I think it will work out well for me in the end as I do not have to adjust dosing in accordance to other factors!
http://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizers-supplements/pps-pro-fertilizer-package.html

thanks James! My RO should be fine for mixing, right? Just asking because I have the alkaline version(6/7 stage) which is beneficial for people so we get some minerals...the TDS is 10-20 instead of 0...I think it should be fine...let me know!

I will be back at home for 6 hours between tomorrow and July 6th and I think I'll rescape and take some pics then as the plants will have solid roots for shifting around/replanting!

drop checker is coming soon as well!

parrottbay

AC Members
Oct 14, 2012
Jacksonville, NC
Real Name
James Parrott
Your welcome brother! I just rather someone learn from mistakes because looking back, I wish I had a lot of knowledge I have now due to all the money I flush down the toilet. I am SO glad you decided to get those ferts because you will see such a tremendous difference in your plants! To answer your question, yes, it will be fine and to back-up that statement I asked GLA about using my fridge water with its filter and they said that should be fine and even recommended me to boil it afterwards so the mixture mixes better. You don’t have to boil it though and I don’t either. But remember, your dosing chart can change and flux due to signs of deficiency that you see in your plants. If you see a plant doing something awkward, relook at your ferts and maybe up the certain fert. What I hate about it and dislike is the fact there is no right dosing mixture that works for one tank and the same for another. You will have to tweak here and there etc etc....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store