Stocking advice for a planted 92 corner tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Cycling is well underway after the addition of Tetra SafeStart. Ammonia was undetectable, but still had some nitrite. Added more ammonia. Pretty good progress for 2 days of cycling.

I have my sump tank now, I just have to get it plumbed and in place. Hoping to get the driftwood added and start planting soon.

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
I have the wood in now, but stirred up the sand quite a bit getting it in there. Hopefully it will be settled enough to plant this weekend and stir up again. The wood ended up differently than I wanted, but I like it anyway.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I like the wood, from what I can see...except for those 2 exactly matching parallel up-pointing pieces on the right. Is that what you were referring to? Sometimes there's nothing you can do & with plants it may not be so noticeable.

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Both of those were mistakes. The big central piece was supposed to be on the ground too, but I missed with the rear anchor and it floated. Rearranging and a water change made it better.

IMG_20170308_193058.jpg

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Also, the arching triangle piece that was in the foreground had a hooked end to it, that was used to anchor it. I used that piece to hook under a horizontal piece on the right, and it is hanging around like a balloon. It wobbles and moves in the current.

I may do something else with those rocks on the l right now too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store